– Born in Delhi, India
– Studied at the National School Of Drama
– Started rapping at age 16
– Made his debut in 2008 with “Chaiyya Chaiyya”, followed by “Mere Dil Mein Hai”
– Released his debut album ‘The Great Escape’ in 2009
– Gained popularity with his song “Chaiyya chaiyya”
– First collaborated with rapper DJ Wale in 2010
– Collaborated with singer Sonu Nigam in 2011
– In 2012, he collaborated with American rapper Snoop Dogg
– In 2013, he collaborated with Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra
– In 2016, he collaborated with British rapper Giggs
– In 2017, he collaborated with American rappers Drake and Kanye West
– In 2018, he collaborated with American singer Post Malone
– In 2019, he collaborated with American singers Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj
Early life and family
Badshah grew up in Delhi, India. His parents are originally from Haryana and Punjab respectively. He attended Bal Bharti Public High School in Pitampura, Delhi, where he participated in the school choir. In 2010, he moved to New York City to pursue music studies at NYU Steinhardt. He graduated from the university with a degree in mathematics.
In 2012, he began recording songs on YouTube under the name “Badshah”, releasing his debut single “Chaar Dikhaan”. This song was later covered by Pakistani singer Atif Aslam.
He has been performing live since 2013. He performs regularly across North America and Europe, including the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Poland, Russia, Turkey, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Mongolia, China, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Israel, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, Cyprus, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino, Andorra, Vatican City, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Gibraltar, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova,
Badshah began his career in the music scene under the name Cool Equal. However, he later changed his name to Badsha, and became popular among the youth.
In 2017, Badshah released, a mixtape featuring songs such as “Chaiyya Chaiyya”. The following year, he released his debut studio album, titled O.N.E., which included hits like “O.N.E.”, “Tum Hi Ho” and “Chaiyya.”
On 7 August 2020, Badshah released a classic pop and rap album, entitled The Power of Dreams of a Child, which consisted of eight songs and featured guest appearances from several musicians including Lisa Mishra, Sikandar Kahlon, Fottsy Seven, Bali and Andy Grewal. The entire mastering and mixing of the album was done Aditya Dev.
His 2019 track “Paagal” set the record for the most viewed video on YouTube in 24 hours, reaching over 74.8 million views in just one day. Fans of the band claimed that the artist had purchased the views to break the worldwide record. But YouTube denied that the views were